- Heavy Machining & Fabrication
- Light Precision Machining & Fabrication
- Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Industries Served
- About Ebco
Reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, the Welding Engineer will assist in planning complex projects and create welding procedures that meet technical and client requirements. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning more complex projects and creating Manufacture & Inspection (M&I) plans for the shops to carry out these projects.
- Working within budget restraints on given projects.
- Providing Manufacturing Engineering support for day to day problem solving and maintenance of all process documentation.
- Documenting new welding procedures to assist manufacturing and welding personnel.
- Analyzing engineering designs for welding requirements.
- Interacting with all disciplines within Ebco to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing and welding methods.
- Interacting with Production and QA personnel to clarify any machining, fabrication and welding concerns that could eliminate risk to employees and equipment costs.
- Maintaining all welding procedures for easy access to production personnel.
- Providing guidance to all Project Managers on technical issues concerning welding in order for them to complete their project accurately and in a timely manner.
- Developing business cases for purchasing new welding equipment showing an Engineering based conclusion.
- Improving welding efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Overseeing welding procedure qualifications.
- Responsibility of coordinating multiple projects and directing outside test laboratories.
- Investigating new developments in welding to evaluate the possible application to improve or remedy existing welding processes.
- Coordinating failure analysis and root cause analysis on welding related issues.
- Providing technical support with industry standards and specifications such as; ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, CWB, AWS, API, CSA, ISO, and NACE.
- Approaching issues in a team based approach.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by Manager.
Education/ Credentials and Experience:
- Trade papers in steel welding would be considered an asset.
- Welding Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in Welding Engineering or AWS Certified Welding Engineer status.
- Broad experience in both machine shop and fabrication environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and practical experience of common welding processes such as SMAW, FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, and SAW.
- Knowledge of NDE processes
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of and hands on experience with Visual, AutoCAD and SolidWorks would all be considered as an asset.
- Physical ability to walk and climb stairs.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral), sound decision making skills and good organization and planning skills. Candidates will also have:
- Superior welding and product knowledge.
- High degree of initiative and personal motivation.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Able and comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic team environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at HR@ebco.com. Please quote Welding Engineer in the email subject line.
For more information, please research us at www.ebco.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.