- Heavy Machining & Fabrication
- Light Precision Machining & Fabrication
- Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Industries Served
- About Ebco
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Project Management, the Project Manager assists the Business Development Group in putting together detailed estimates for machining and fabrication requirements requested by our customers. If the estimate is successful and becomes an order the Project Manager will plan and manage the facilitation of the project through the various shops from the start of the project to its completion. Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing accurate cost estimates from inquiries assigned by the Senior Project Manager.
- Preparing a material take off from the customer supplied drawings and source pricing on materials required.
- Preparing pricing for sub-contractors required; such as, engineering, non-destructive testing, load testing, freight etc.
- Preparing labour take off using Labour Standards for each work centre.
- Calculating tooling requirement; inserts, consumables and protection required during shipment of machined items.
- Interacting with Production and QA staff to clarify any machining and fabrication concerns that could increase estimated costs.
- Once estimate is complete organizing file and summarizing key highlights, pointing out substitution of material bringing the estimate to the Director of Professional Services for further discussion on price before quotation is sent out.
- If delivery is required; reviewing hours with the Production Managers and Schedulers for projected delivery dates.
- When an estimate becomes an order the PM will be required to make up an M&I plan for the job and manage the budgeted cost allotted for this project and facilitate the movement of this project through the shop as per schedule. In addition to this the PM will be required to record and document in a portfolio the complete history of the job, that would include all machining and fabrication problems and how we solved these issue for future use.
- Working closely with Manufacturing Engineering Group to solve technical issues before bringing a suggested solution to the Production Management. This will ensure the solution is based on an engineering approach to minimize risk to employees and cost.
- Using a Team Based approach to resolve issues.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Trade papers in steel machining OR fabrication would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in steel manufacturing (machining or fabrication).
- Some estimating experience is required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have a broad based knowledge and/or experience in both a machine shop and fabrication environment and be able to learn quickly. You will possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral), sound decision making skills and good organization and planning skills. Candidates will also have:
- Excellent blueprint reading.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, especially in Excel).
- Knowledge or experience working with MS Project, Visual Manufacturing ERP, AutoCAD and SolidWorks would all be considered as an asset.
- Superior product knowledge.
- High degree of initiative and personal motivation.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Able and comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic team environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at HR@ebco.com. Please quote Project Manager in the email subject line.
For more information, please research us at www.ebco.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.