Manual Machinist I
Department: Small Machine Shop
Reports to: Manager, Light Machining & Fabrication
Ebco Industries, Ltd. (Ebco) is one of Canada’s largest manufacturing facilities with over 50 years in manufacturing expertise. We deliver world-class quality manufacturing and repair and rebuild services to projects based domestically and worldwide. Our strengths encompass the complete spectrum from heavy metal fabrication, heavy machining, turnkey assembly to light precision machining and fabrication as well as precision sheet metal fabrication. Our customers range from small and/or start-up companies to world class suppliers of OEM capital equipment and machinery. Our headquarters and manufacturing facility is located in Richmond, B.C. Canada.
RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPANY EXPECTATIONS:
As a Machinist I, your role is critical to the reputation that Ebco has built for delivering world-class quality manufacturing. You will be working on manual machines to meet customer specifications.
- De-burring and performing in-process verification of own parts to drawing specifications
- Using various measuring devices and air tools
- Perform various layouts
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
- 5+ years’ experience in operating manual lathes
- Ability to understand and interpret drawing tolerances and specifications
- Operating of forklift and overhead cranes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility with shifts; dependent on workflow and projects
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to stand, bend and walk for extended periods
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you are ready for this next step in your career please forward your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include Manual Machinist I in your email subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We kindly ask no telephone calls please. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada.